Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hazaaron Khwaahishein Aisi..

"Hazaaron khwahishen aisi ki har khwahish pe dum nikle...
bahut nikle mere armaan lekin fir bhi kam nikle"....

"A thousand desires/ambitions I have and each could consume my entire life,
A single lifetime would not suffice for the desires I have in my heart"...

I hope Mirza Ghalib is not turning in his grave after reading my translation/interpretation of his most famous couplet. I'm merely trying to help those who don't know his language very well !

No. I am not re-assessing or re-setting the goals of my life. That phase of life hasn't come yet. I think its still a few months away :p

But every time I read/hear these lines I think of all the things I want to do/be in life.

It's not that I've been all over hell's half acre and haven't figured out what I want to do. It's just that I want to do a myriad of things. I want to continue doing what I'm doing but I want do a lot more. Time or rather the lack of it would be the only dampener on my plans.

I am not one to brag but I am pretty well read now. I have completed two degrees but I think there is place to hang one more on my wall. An MBA from a reputed b-school might fit the bill.

I also want to go for the Indian Civil Services. I want to be a part of the solution and not the problem. I want to be the change that I want to see. I want to cut the red long tape of bureaucracy. "I want to be the idealistic civil servant" is what I'm getting at.

But here's the tricky part. If I do any of the above would I be able to put to good use my polemical skills which I can do if I go for a Juris Doctor. Not sure.

Anyways. Enough about professions I want to be a crackerjack at :D

There are other non-professional things on my wish list too.

First is to start a kick-ass 'Fight Club' with Tyler. Another is to get captured as a POW, escape to Tibet and meet the Dalai Lama.

Get my hands on a time machine and hurtle away to the Wild West at 88 miles/hr. Rechristen myself as 'Mr. Eastwood' once there and settle the unfinished business I have with 'Mad Dog' Tannen :O

I'd also want to meet Kate Winslet on a ship somewhere along the way. Oh yeah..and I wish to run the length and breadth of the US ala Mr. Gump as and when time permits.

Too much too ask for ?! I sure think so..

But we've got only one life. This is the only chance. Got to do it ALL in this one itself !!

2 comments:

Sh@s said...

Interesting post, enjoyed reading it. You have translated it well and the essence is intact so don't worry. True, there is just one life to live and fulfill those umpteen desires that we have locked away in our hearts. I liked ur Mr. Eastwood one, it was funny. Hope all ur wishes n desires come true.

..vipenn..Singh said...

Shas,

Thank You for the comments !! Its been a while since I wrote but when someone comments on a post out of the blue it makes me want to write again.

So, Thanks again :)